As the culmination of a tightly integrated hardware and software solution, ZD-XL provides end-to-end data path integration. Its acceleration software, driver, firmware and hardware are uniquely optimized to provide robust, streamlined performance.
The ZD-XL addresses SQL Server database applications to ensure that the data is right, relevant, and readily available on SSD flash when SQL Server needs it. Plugging seamlessly into existing or new SQL Server installations, it provides on-host application-optimized flash caching for SAN or DAS DB volumes, enabling data to be accessed with the highest possible I/O performance.
Featuring step-by-step implementation wizards, the ZD-XL guides DBAs so they can optimally benefit from the flash resources provided by the acceleration card. One click creation of all flash volumes allows ultra-low latency access to tempDB and columnar indexes. While at the same time, OCZ’s Direct Pass Caching Technology offers optimized acceleration caching policies for DAS and SAN volumes running analysis or transactional SQL Server loads.
The ZD-XL SQL Accelerator further provides a unique cache warm-up and analysis mechanism that enables monitoring and preloading of scheduled data into the cache making sure the right data is available at the right time to SQL Server analytical loads.
Tightly integrated acceleration through:
- Flash Volumes
- Flash Caching
- Cache Policy Optimization
Dynamic Analysis and Pre-Warming of Cache
- Analyses, identifies and pre-loads repeated data access patterns
- Assures the right data is on the Flash just as SQL Server needs it
- Ideal for Index building, cube creation, ETL
SQL Server AlwaysOn High Availability
- Unobtrusive replication at the speed of flash
- Synchronous and non-synchronous modes supported
Provides DBAs with best practice wizard for quick and easy deployment
- Optimized step by step wizard based configuration
- Plug-n-play into existing or new SQL Server deployments
SQL Acceleration Performance Benefits
SQL Acceleration Architecture Diagram