Integrated Flash Hardware & Software Acceleration Solution for Microsoft SQL Server
ZD-XL SQL Accelerator 1.5 is a tightly integrated hardware/software, plug-and-play acceleration solution optimized for Microsoft SQL Server applications. It leverages OCZ’s industry-proven PCIe SSD hardware and application-tuned software to deliver low latency flash that resolves potential SQL Server bottleneck issues enabling the flash to be deployed as a local flash volume, a flash cache for HDD volumes, or as a combination of both. The solution includes a combination of fast flash performance, a unique cache mechanism that makes advanced and statistically-optimized decisions on what data to cache, and a dynamic cache warm-up scheduler that enables workloads to be placed on flash cache in advance of demanding and critical jobs.
ZD-XL SQL Accelerator Overview Video
- Supports Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware ESXi environments
- Accelerates SQL Server at a per database level
- Delivers remote caching capabilities over the network for blade and rack servers
- Complements Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Buffer Pool Extension service
- Integrates best practice wizards
- Provides automated load analysis and flash warm-up scheduling
- Designed in a Full-Height/Half-Length (FH/HL) format supporting 800GB, 1.6TB and 3.2TB usable capacities
- Provides complete power loss data protection, end-to-end data protection, advanced ECC and other capabilities that extend drive life and protect data
- Backed by a 5-year warranty
VMware ESXi and Microsoft Hyper-V Support
SQL Server 2014 enables both virtual and physical resources to be provisioned on demand through flash virtualization. Even if the SQL Server environment is not virtualized today, at some point in the future some or all of the SQL Server instances may need to move to a virtualized environment. When this occurs, ZD-XL SQL Accelerator 1.5 supports both VMware ESXi and Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisors enabling its flash resources to be dynamically deployed exactly to the needs of VMs to enable provisioning on demand.
Tight Integration with Microsoft SQL Server Management
ZD-XL SQL Accelerator 1.5 provides new, unique and tight integration with SQL Server 2014 enabling its flash resources and associated management capabilities to connect directly to the application providing the utmost in application management integration.
Remote Flash Services for Blade Servers
With SQL Server 2014, OCZ enables ZD-XL SQL Accelerator 1.5 software to run next to the database application on blade or specific rack-mounted servers while the SSD flash is located remotely on either a commodity server or storage appliance. As a result, ZD-XL SQL Accelerator 1.5 software bypasses the storage stack to provide direct connection of its flash cache remotely.
Direct Pass Caching Technology
When SQL Server databases are larger than the available flash resources, ZD-XL SQL Accelerator employs advanced applicationoptimized caching policies as part of its proprietary Direct Pass Caching Technology that efficiently selects what data to place in flash cache so that the right data is selected for the specific workload.